Friday, April 11, 2008

The Presbyterian Curmudgeon in the news

The first time I appeared in the Denver newspapers was about six years ago when a traffic stop in front of the Church of Christ across the street turned into a shootout; a police officer was wounded and the gunman was killed. A Denver Post reporter interviewed me over the phone; I believe my published quote was something profound like, "I heard some banging, and then every cop in the world showed up."

My next appearance was in the Rocky Mountain News of Monday, April 7, 2008. Apparently, there are still lowly cub reporters assigned to flip through the police department's case reports in search of something newsworthy. This time out, said reporter discovered the misfortune which had befallen my truck.

1 comment:

optillheaven said...

Good grief! Great way to find out family news--on the internet!! But I should be accustomed to it: sometimes I find out what's up with family from the pulpit (my husband's) or in the bulletin.

Matthew - I didn't know you HAD a blog. I feel illiterate!

Your doting mom-in-law