Friday, November 14, 2008

On bicycling & belly fat

We finally got our first autumn snow last night: just a light coating, and, given that it was in the 60s yesterday, not nearly enough to make the streets anything but damp. Thus, I geared up and rode my bike to the Church building this morning while it was still in the mid-20s (thank you, Accuweather). As I did so, I wondered whether I really put myself through this frigid misery every winter, and whether I want to do so this year as well.

Then I remembered the recent news of the terrible dangers posed by belly fat (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96922213) and the two bratwursts I had packed for lunch. I decided, no, I do not want to bike in this weather, and I will keep doing so as long as food tastes good.

No comments: