Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pro-life because of biology


In a comment to my post "So what if abortion ends a life?," Anonymous asked, "When do you believe that life begins and what is your biblical basis for your belief!" I should let Anonymous know that, as a presbyterian, while my understanding of the world is shaped and controlled by the Bible, I do not believe that every fact which I believe must be explicitly stated in Scripture. For example, I believe I live in the great state of Colorado, which fact can be found nowhere in the Bible.

In this regard, I point my vast readership to Great American Hero Nat Hentoff, who says he is a pro-lifer "not for religious reasons, but because I'm an atheist who can read biology." For me, my high school biology class and the 6th Commandment are sufficient to believe abortion is murder.

No comments: