Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin beer


Today I used the expression "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it." It's a favorite, one I picked up from two good friends, entirely unacquainted with one another but united in their distaste for pumpkin pie, aginst which they enjoyed deploying said aphorism. But I love pumpkin pie (preferrably topped with vast quantities of whipped cream), and I'm mighty fond of pumpkin beers.

I write as I finish off a bomber of Dry Dock's Imperial Pumpkin Ale, and as with most everything produced by the Pride of Aurora, Colorado, it's mighty tasty. It's got a much higher ABV and maple notes than my more ginger ale-style pumpkin favorite, Shipyard's Pumpkinhead, but at the moment I am more than slightly happy.

My question: does this make me some kind of lightweight beer dilettante sissy, or an adventurous sophisticate?

No comments: