Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Free replacement caps!


I don't know what it's like to raise children at sea level; indeed, given the unhealthy vapors and miasmas so common at lower altitudes, one is somewhat surprised that any child raised there survives to maturity. While the health benefits of living on the western edge of the Great American Desert and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains are too many to enumerate here, one must be on guard against dehydration. Thus, all children carry water bottles, and water bottles thus become the bane of the high-altitude parent. When said children don't lose them, they chew on the mouthpieces and turn the bottles into portable puddle-makers.

Like many Coloradan families, ours has ended up with more bottles than lids. I have been particularly saddened when this occured to Polar Bottles, which are not only insulated but, in their 24-ounce size, carry enough water for a walk around the block. (Did I mention hydration is important up here?) Before throwing out a couple of these bottles yesterday, I thought I'd try to find replacement caps online. Having found none on eBay or Amazon, in desperation I went to the manufacturer's site. There I was pleasantly surprised to learn it will ship replacement caps to all its water bottles for FREE. As one might expect, I immediately fainted, but upon recovery placed an order for two.

Perhaps we shouldn't be suprised Polar Bottle is a Colorado company.

No comments: