Friday, December 22, 2017

Last Christmas

So it's one of those years.

I really, really wanted a solid Christmas album for this year's recommendation, so much so that I even  attempted to listen to Sia's latest offering. (I made it halfway through the first song on the album. My commitment knows no bounds, people.) Finding no reason for joy, I eagerly awaited Bullseye's holiday special, but they just rebroadcast last year's show. Jane Lynch's A Swingin' Little Christmas is still marvelous, but the presbyterian blogger union won't let me repeat a recommendation. (Nobody wants to get ratted out to the shop steward, man.)

So no Christmas album recommendation this year, but thankfully I can give you a new Christmas song. Noisetrade's holiday mixtape for 2017 includes the Dollyrots' cover of Wham's Last Christmas. I graduated high school in the '80s, but only now have learned to love this song.

Sorry, the late George Michael.

No comments: