Monday, November 15, 2010

Finally down under 180


For a while now, Mrs. Curmudgeon (who reads running magazines) has been insisting that I could get below 180 pounds if I really tried. My position has been that the last time I dropped so far down was when I was a starving graduate student, a tetch over 180 isn't bad for a man of my height and advanced years, and that I really, really love cheeseburgers.

Well, I'm not too big of a man to admit Mrs. Curmudgeon was right all along. According to our "Health-o-meter" this morning, I've dropped down to 179.4. I was wrong, and she was right.

Of course, that might have something to do with having picked up the stomach virus that the kids puking all weekend, but still.

1 comment:

deus bonus est said...

I was wrong, she was right. Words to remember, indeed.