Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Church-integrated family



One of the most under-appreciated efforts of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church is its journal for Church officers, Ordained Servant. Originally a print magazine, under G.I. Williamson's editorial direction it was a reliable font of practical resources for elders and deacons. Since it went online and Gregory Reynolds became the editor, it has taken more of a foundational direction, looking more to first principles and philosophical underpinnings than the nuts-and-bolts of ministry (although it is not entirely lacking in hands-on advice). While written for officers of the OPC, the webernet makes it accessible to just about anyone, and so I hope many are making use of it (although I fear too few are).

Ordained Servant continues its notable contributions to the health of the broader Church by making this month's lead article my essay "The Church-Integrated Family," based on a lecture I first delivered in 2002.


No comments: