Monday, August 20, 2012

Incomparable Days


Peter Leithart shares a quote from Thomas Oden describing the pastor's great privilege in participating in signal events in the lives of believers. I'm glad to be reminded of these blessings, but a little disappointed the reminder came from a Methodist. Presbyterians and Reformed spill a great deal of ink on the importance of preaching, all of which I agree with, and all of which I'm pretty sure never needs be said again, it having been said over and over again. Just once, I'd like to hear someone from our team talk about the one event which, Mrs. Curmudgeon regularly notes, always gets me at least a little choked up during the liturgy: baptism.

To lead God's people in worship, Lord's Day in and Lord's Day out: incomparable indeed.

No comments: