Friday, April 23, 2010

I am not making this up

I just moments ago received an unsolicited e-mail from "Leadership Nexus," promoting its "Workable Evangelism." It cited this testimonial from a Lutheran (!) pastor:
The theological premise is simply that if we are made in the image of God, and God is first attested as creator, then part of our image must be creativity. The pragmatic premise is something that I have been talking about since even before coming to Florida: why can’t we in the church be as welcoming as Mickey Mouse?

Speakers at this event included those theologians and church growth experts that you might expect, even a former pastor from the Crystal Cathedral. But most interestingly, it included professionals from the theme park industry from right next door in Orlando.
At first, I wondered whether the sender knew he was e-mailing the Presbyterian Curmudgeon. But then I realized the sender was likely one of you who have been complaining that I haven't posted much of late.

No comments: